Obsessed

Obsession searches
Sniff
Notice
Scan these eyes adapted in night

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shoulda Known- Computer Problem

EDIT: For the poster who asked the sound seems to be coming from the speaker particulary on the right side. Also for those who want to help an E-mail address with your posted comments would be nice.

I should have known that after that last post something would happen...

My computer is now making hissing noises when I boot it up and at some other times (only other time I know for certain is when I do the whole 'Run as Administrator' bit). It does this even thought the speakers are muted.

Does anyone know if this is something I can fix on my own or do I need to take it in. Or if it is something that I don't need to worry much about?

If any help I get from here results in the fixing of this issue (other than telling me I need to take it to a professional) I will translate an entire issue of either Cybersix or Meteorix in less than a week. Which one will be decided by the person who helped me out.

Keep in mind my computer skills are rather limited to internet surfing and minor picture modifying. The laptop I am using is a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 7. I got last November just after Thanksgiving at Walmart for about $300.

1 comment:

  1. If it is a hardware problem, then you should be able to determine the location of the sound on your laptop. That information would be invaluable. I would like to be able to eliminate the possibility of hardware failure before anything else. I'll try to keep near my computer to assist. By the way, I would like to think I would help without the incentive, but because you offered, if I am able to successfully assist you, I would like to see Cybersix #12.

    ReplyDelete